Engineering and pipeline project management
Our team of engineers and project managers have a wealth of experience of running projects from multi-million pound pipeline and above ground instillations to smaller scale pressure reduction and above ground installations. They are fully conversant with project management tools and routinely develop fully resourced Gantt charts to enable cost and time control on contracts. [TOP]
Multi-disciplinary engineering design
- Process engineering – we have experienced gas process engineers and our own software for the design assessment of gas pipelines and above ground installations. In addition, we have the licence to operate SynerGEE Gas software that models a variety of piping networks. It is one of the most advanced pipeline simulation software packages available worldwide.
- Mechanical engineering – we have in-house gas mechanical engineers with a wide range of experience. We are familiar with developing designs to meet the IGE TD’s, Transco engineering standards as well as the internationally recognised standards such as ASME B31.8.
- Stress Analysis – we have a wealth of experience with analysis of both gas and petrochemical pipe work. We own and operate Ceasar II stress analysis software.
- Civil Engineering – we are qualified to carry out civil engineering design in all the major design areas of structural steelwork, reinforced and mass concrete, brickwork, masonry and timber. These can be incorporated into the designs for roads, drainage, housings, control rooms, foundations, retaining walls, masts and cabling ducts.
- Geotechnical – we use approved geotechnical survey companies to carry out soil surveys and laboratory testing to uncover contaminated land and for determining ground information for foundation design and pipeline routing.
- Land survey – we employ approved land surveying companies who use global positioning survey equipment to produce detailed route and above ground installation site surveys that can be transferred onto planning applications, strip maps and general arrangement drawings.
- Electrical – we can produce designs to meet Transco standards for both power and lighting circuits including three phase supplies to large rotating machinery.
- Cathodic Protection – we use cathodic protection engineers to carry out field resistivity surveys to determine the ground bed size and location as well as well as determining the size and number of fixed anodes on smaller buries pipe systems.
- Instrumentation and control – we have experienced instrumentation and control engineers that can design and specify control systems to comply with Transco standards. [TOP]
Engineering Design Co-ordination
On large multi-disciplinary design projects that involve the co-ordination of various sub-contractors or suppliers we can provide experienced design co-ordinators to ensure that all of the design elements are carried out to the same design brie to produce holistic and homogeneous designs that meet the overall project programmes requirements. [TOP]
Feasibility Studies including preliminary design, CAPEX and OPEX estimates
Feasibility studies involve desktop analysis of information readily available in the public domain to assess suitable pipeline routes and above ground installation sites. We consider the environmental impact, mechanical, gas, civil, electrical, instrumentation and control, cathodic protection and safety engineering disciplines. We can also provide cost estimates for the options considered. [TOP]
Land Agency for Pipelines (UK)
We retain the services of land agents that are familiar with land agency issues associated with cross country pipelines and above ground installations throughout the development stage and during and after construction. [TOP]
We use approved environmental consultants to carry out preliminary Environmental Impact Assessments and Environmental Management Plans. [TOP]
Saith provides an acoustic consultancy that consists of experienced professionals providing value-for-money solutions to the domestic and commercial sectors. We are experienced in performing accurate noise and vibration measurements in the field and tailoring necessary solutions conforming to current legislation. Modelling, measurement and analysis of acoustic phenomena are performed to exacting standards thus forming the foundation of a robust advisory service that includes:
- Airborne and impact testing to BS EN ISO 140-4:1998 and BS EN ISO 140-7:1998
- Pre-completion testing and analysis reporting on residential and school building acoustics
- Advice on Robust Details that may be used to avoid pre-completion testing
- Room acoustic models and desktop studies of noise pollution sources
- Noise transmission prediction modelling studies performed for building design measures
- Noise impact assessment toward environmental statements for planning [TOP]
Computer Aided Design
Our operators are fully competent in the use of both Microstation and Autocad. We produce engineering line diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams, flow diagrams, mechanical and civil general arrangement drawings, detailed sections, strip maps and loop and wiring diagrams. [TOP]